Code of Professional Conduct
Members are expected to demonstrate the highest level of professional standards in the daily execution of their duties as well as integrity and honesty in the conduct of their general interactions.
The following Code sets out the standard of personal and professional conduct expected of members.
Any alleged and/or reported unprofessional conduct or breach of integrity by members shall be referred to the Institute’s Disciplinary Council established under this Charter.
Code applying to all members
- Promote the highest professional and ethical standards both in the conduct of insurance business as well as in their business and/or social interaction in general.
- Respect and adhere to the law behaving always with utmost good faith and in an honourable manner towards those with whom they interact both in their professional and social life.
- Uphold the reputation of the Institute, behaving with utmost integrity in their professional life and ensuring that the mention of and/or association with the Institute with one’s name or standing does not bring the Institute in disrepute.
- Affiliates and candidates who are not qualified members (Associates and Fellows) are not to publicize their membership in such a way as to infer that one holds a professional title and/or qualification from the Institute.
Additional Code applying to Qualified Members
Conferment of a designatory title in relation to one’s standing in the Institute imposes additional responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Observe the Code of Professional Practice which shall be established by the Qualification and Standards Council.
- Ensuring continuing professional development in order to always maintain the highest level of professionalism in the industry.
- Participating in education and training whether as recipients or imparters of knowledge to uphold continued professional development in the industry
- Ensuring that any professional title bestowed by the Institute is used by the individual members themselves and not as a means of promoting corporate bodies, partnerships or firms in general.
- Supporting the institute by whatever means possible.